Christmas and New Year Event Terms and Conditions
Christmas and New Year Event Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to Christmas and/or New Year events hosted at any Village Hotel (each, an “event”). These terms and conditions govern the relationship between the persons or entities who book and / or attend an event (“you”) and VUR Village Trading No 1 Limited (trading as Village Hotels and referred to in these terms and conditions as “Village”).
These terms and conditions are in addition to all other Village terms and conditions which can be found here https://www.village-hotels.co.uk/tcs. In the case of conflict, these Conditions take precedence over any other Village Terms and Conditions in relation to Christmas and New Year Event bookings only.
1. A minimum £10 deposit per person is required at time of booking. Full payment is required for Christmas party events by 31st October 2022 or if the booking is made after 31st October 2022 then at the time of booking with the exception of large corporate bookings where credit facilities have been established and an event contract has been signed. Deposit prices may increase and vary per hotel and event.
1A. For Christmas Day and New Years Eve bookings, a minimum £10 deposit per person is required at time of booking. Full payment is required by 30th November 2022 or if the booking is made after 30th November 2022 then at the time of booking. Deposit prices may increase and vary per hotel and event.
2. Full prepayment is required for all accommodation bookings and is subject to the accommodation terms and conditions.
2A. Village will not accept payment in full or in part in the form of any food and beverage discounts or vouchers that have been issued by Village to Village leisure members or VWorks members or otherwise save that Village Leisure Members or VWorks Members shall be entitled to membership discount on drinks purchased only during the event that they are attending on presentation of a valid membership card.
2B. If payment has not been made in full by 31st October 2022 for Christmas party nights or 30th November 2022 for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve in accordance with these terms and conditions, Village reserved the right to cancel your booking in its entirety without further communication to you.
3. In the event that you have to cancel your booking the following terms shall apply:
3.1 Village shall be entitled to retain a deposit for each person in the sum of £10 per person for each booking that has been made up to 31st October 2022. If you have paid more than the deposit then Village agrees to refund the balance of sums that you have paid for any booking.
3.2 From 01 November 2022, all monies paid will be non refundable in the event that you cancel your booking. Please note that the above terms do not apply to accommodation bookings.
4. Village reserves the right to cancel, amend or change your booking due to Covid-19 restrictions that are put into place by Government Guidelines. In the event it has to be cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions Village agrees to refund the full amount of the booking that you have paid.
5. All prices include VAT at the prevailing rate.
6. Confirmation of your booking will be sent to you together with a receipt of monies paid.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
7. Pre-orders for food are required for all events where a choice menu is offered.
8. Where a food order is not provided a set meal of the day will be served.
9. If you or any of your party have any special dietary requirements, including food allergies or intolerances, please inform Village and we will endeavour to accommodate your requirements. A vegetarian option is available for all events.
10. Village will not knowingly provide or sell any food required to be labelled as containing GM material.
11. Village cannot guarantee that dishes do not contain nuts or nut derivatives or that fish products are totally free from bones.
12. No alcohol or other beverages may be brought into the venue for consumption or prizes. Village reserves the right to search the bags of any guest.
13. Village reserves the right to judge acceptable behaviour and levels of noise from guests. You are responsible for the behaviour of your party.
14. Please note the dress code for all events is smart casual, unless otherwise stated, and we reserve the right to refuse entry to any guest wearing baseball caps, hoodies or any other item deemed unacceptable in the reasonable judgement of Village.
15. Village will not accept any responsibility, or be held liable, for anyone prevented from entering the event, or asked to leave the event, due to that person:
(a) acting in an improper or disorderly manner or whose condition in the opinion of the Village staff interferes, or is likely to interfere, with the enjoyment of the function by other guests;
(b) bringing or using dangerous, illegal or hazardous items or substances on the premises;
(c) bringing their own food or drinks to the premises without the prior permission of Village;
(d) not adhering to the appropriate dress code for the event.
16 The minimum age for persons attending events is 18, except by prior agreement between Village and you. The only exceptions to this are Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve in Pub and Grill and New Year’s Day where no minimum age applies.
17. Village is unable to offer baby-sitting, baby listening or child minding services.
18. Guests and visitors are not permitted to join any event for the entertainment only.
19. Room upgrades are available to Club Rooms for an additional charge quoted at the time of enquiry and secured at the time of booking.
20. Village reserves the right to amalgamate events to ensure minimum numbers.
21. At the discretion of Village, tables of under 10 guests may be shared with other smaller parties in the function suite, restaurant or bar.
22. Village may cancel a booking, and will refund any advance payment made or alternatively arrange for the booking to be transferred to another event, if it is deemed, at Village’s discretion, that the date of the event booked is no longer viable.
23. Village endeavours to honour all commitments, but reserves the right to amend or alter all or part of the event package (as described on our website or in our event brochure) to an alternative of at least equivalent standard.
24. While Village has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in its event brochure, on its website and within all advertisements is accurate, it reserves the right, without accepting any liability, to amend or alter all or part of the package in the event of an error or omission.
25. Village will not be held liable, nor accept any liability, for cancellation or non-completion of an event, or for any delays, arising as a result of industrial action, strikes, riots, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, Act of God or any other cause beyond its control
26. Village shall not under any circumstances be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for loss of revenues or opportunities, goodwill, reputation or any type of special, indirect or consequential loss (even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or Village had been advised of the possibility of you incurring the same).
27. Village shall have no liability for any death or bodily injury (except death or injury caused by the negligence of Village, its staff or contractors), or loss of or damage to property, of anyone attending an event. You agree to indemnify Village against any claim in respect of any such liability (and the costs and expenses incurred by Village in relation thereto).
28. Village does not accept any liability in respect of loss or damage to property or vehicles brought into the venue or car park.
29. Without prejudice to any other limitation or exclusion of liability set out in these terms and conditions, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the total liability of Village to you in contract, tort or otherwise, including negligence (save for any liability arising from death or personal injury due to the negligence of Village or its employees which shall be unlimited) arising in relation to an event shall not exceed the total amount paid by you for the event.
30. These terms and conditions are correct at the time of going to print and Village reserves the right to amend them at a later date without prior notice.
31. Village and you agree that these terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between us, and supersedes all previous drafts, agreements, arrangements and understandings between us, whether oral or written.
21. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and in the unlikely event of a dispute, the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts
22. You, as party organiser, are asked to inform all guests of these terms and conditions. Extra copies are available on request.
23. Village Hotels are now a cashless environment. Payment can be made by all major credit cards for the deposit, full payment and bar charges.
In the event that any guest has to isolate or is ill due to Covid 19, the cost of their individual booking can either be transferred and offset against a future event or fully refunded, provided that not less than 48 hours prior notice is given to Village. In the event guests provide less than 48 hours of a cancellation from the commencement of the booking then the cost of their individual booking can be transferred and offset against a future alternative event but will not be refunded. Evidence of a valid NHS Test and Trace notification will be required to be provided by the individual to Village for the terms of this clause to apply. Village reserves the right to cancel, amend or change your booking due to Covid-19 restrictions that are put into place by Government Guidelines. In the event it has to be cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions, Village agrees to refund the full amount of the booking that you have paid.